Join us for a day set in the inspiring location of Leeds Coppice Workers’ woodland camp, in the middle of a mixed coppice woodland – Hetchell Wood – providing an opportunity for tailored, in-depth conversation on the topics most important to you. This event is open to anyone running or setting up a woodland social enterprise in the North of England, although space is limited, so booking ahead is essential.
Questions will be invited in advance, on topics under any of these headings:
- Woodland social enterprise – business models and community structures
- Well-being programmes in a woodland setting
- Woodland management and conservation
- Woodland products – making and selling
- Woodlands, wildness, people and change – how do community initiatives like ours respond to contemporary politics and society?
The day will take place outdoors, with sessions around the campfire, a shared lunch cooked over the fire, and a chance to walk, whittle and talk. There is cover in case of rain, and a compost loo and a natural spring source of water on site. We suggest that all attendees bring a MUG, SPOON, BOWL and maybe a plate too.
The day will be led by Mark Simmonds from Co-op Culture and James Benson and Tom Coxhead from Leeds Coppice Workers. Provisional programme as follows:
|9.30 – 10.00||Meet at Car Park on Milner Lane, LS23 6NA. Latecomers ring 07920095540 for directions as we won’t wait after 10!|
|10.00 – 11.30||Welcome and introductions around the fire –
Who is here?
What do we want from today?
|11.30- 13.05||Woodland walk and talk. Exploring the site and its management.|
|13.05||Shared lunch of soup, bread and salad.|
|13.45 – 14.45||Practical crafts and skill sharing:
A chance to rest brains and continue conversations from the morning. Bring a hatchet, knife or anything else you wish.
|14.45 – 16.05||Group sessions:
1. Membership, structure & land.
2. Facilitated from the above topics.
|16.05 – end||Tea and cake. Wash-up.
What have we got from the day? What do we want more of?
Contact on the day
- Tom Coxhead firstname.lastname@example.org, 07920095540
To book your place:
Email Norman Dandy on email@example.com or call 01993 810 730