As part of Making Local Woods Work, we have established a Facebook networking group to refresh and continue online the interaction begun by the Woodland Social Enterprise Network. The aim of this is to provide a national platform for those involved with woodland social enterprise to discuss ideas, share events and have somewhere to ask questions and find support with day-to-day issues.
Why should I join the networking groups?
If you are involved with woodland social enterprise and would like to talk to people on a national scale, the Facebook network is ideal for you. We know that a lot of our members would like somewhere to discuss ideas together, in a friendly and safe environment, so the woodland social enterprise network group is the perfect opportunity.
You can access the group wherever you are, at any time of the day, so we envisage this being your first port of call to get a quick answer to your question. It is open to anyone involved in woodland social enterprise or interested in the sector.
If you feel your question would be better answered by a Making Local Woods Work team member, do not hesitate to contact us on 01993 810730 or email email@example.com.
What can I post on the networking group?
We are looking for members to post and share ideas as often as you can. From sharing events to raising questions to the group, we are looking to grow the network and for members to use it as an initial platform to get answers to questions.
By taking part in the networking groups, you will:
• Be part of a national network of woodland social enterprises
• Have a platform to share ideas and learn from others within the field
• Be able to ask questions to those who have an in-depth knowledge of the sector
• Hear about tips and ideas from others within the sector
In return, we ask members to:
• Abide by the Code of Conduct, creating a safe and positive platform for networking
• Post information regarding woodland social enterprise – including events, news and training information
• Avoid spamming/advertising external information
• Feed into discussions and share your knowledge, where applicable
• Shout about the fantastic work that you are involved with!
Code of Conduct
Please read our Code of Conduct before requesting to join the network:
Become part of the online network today
• Request to join the Woodland Social Enterprise Network Group –https://www.facebook.com/groups/woodlandsocialenterprisenetwork/
The group is moderated by Plunkett Foundation staff and has a code of conduct (see above).
Nothing you post in the groups will be visible on your personal profile or timeline, but your friends will be able to see that you are a member of the networking group.
If you have any friends or colleagues who you feel would benefit from joining the network, please send them an invitation to join.
Other ways to get involved online
If woodland social enterprise is your interest, you can like our Making Local Woods Work page for the latest update on our programme, relevant news from the sector and updates from woodland social enterprises we’re supporting.
You can also like our Plunkett Foundation page for information, updates and inspiring case studies from all kinds of community co-operatives – click here to find out more.
You can also follow us on Twitter @localwoodswork