We’ll use this page to share downloadable toolkits, top tips and useful resources that will help you in areas from engaging your community and marketing your activity, through to bespoke information on woodland management for social enterprises. If there’s something that you’d like information or a resource on, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
- Brief Guide to Legal Structures March 2016 – this is a great overview that helps community groups choose the most appropriate legal structure for what they’re trying to achieve as a community-owned business.
- Committee Roles and Responsibilities – this short document from Plunkett Foundation provides an overview of the roles and responsibilities for your committee
- Managing Ancient and Native Woodland in England – this is a downloadable practice guide from the Forestry Commission.
- Chiltern Rangers CIC video – John Shaw, Managing Director, discusses the CIC model, passions of the group and activities
- Neroche Woodlanders video – Hear from Gavin Saunders, one of the Founding Directors of the social enterprise
- The Woodland Trust’s Community Woodlands website – Their advice pages have some excellent information, from acquiring woodland to volunteering.
- Modern Apprenticeships – Chartered Forester – Autumn 2016 – Modern apprentices + Charter – This article first appeared in the Autumn 2016 issue of Chartered Forester, the magazine for members of the Institute of Chartered Foresters. It is reproduced by kind permission of the Institute.
- Management Plan presentation – Presentation from Woodland Trust at Hill Holt Event on 22 March 2017.
- The roles of the Forestry Commission – Presented by Chris Reynolds at Hill Holt Event on 22 March 2017.
- Events Presentation by Woodland Trust – Presented at Hill Holt Event on 22 March 2017.